Sunday, October 7, 2012

decorlola@blogspot.com

Hi everyone.  This is a continuation of my last blog entry.

A "new" piece of furniture


I had a sketch of what I wanted the piece to look like, but I changed and added details as I was building it.  

This is the top of the desk. The piece of wood for the legs runs from the top all the way to the bottom 


I wanted to add a door, so I cut a piece to mimic the scallop on the right side and added a bottom.
I also cut decorative pieces for the legs.




I added a piece to the top, also mimicking the curves on the bottom part,  to give the whole piece more unity


The piece came out even better than I expected it to be. I was sorry to paint the black vintage door hinges,  but the knobs I chose were white ceramic and the black hinges did not look good.  Perhaps at some point I will strip the hinges and find black hardware for the drawers. I painted the cabinet with semi-gloss latex.

See you next time.  Lola

No comments:

Post a Comment